Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Who's to be blamed - A poem by Venkat


Those grey clouds?
that threaten to drown my spirits

Those lazy birds?
that havent chirped since morning

Those flowers?
that refused to blossom today

Or is it the sunshine
who didnt tear off those clouds
wake up those birds
blossom those flowers
and light up my day

Or is it she is shy?
behind a veil like a new bride
Or is she playing hide n seek
smiling just for a moment
as she hides in the skies

Oh wait! Think this hearts tears
caused a tremble
Those clouds.... they wept,
to soothe my pain,
to beg forgiveness

Rays of hope shimmering through
as those villains leave...
Head hung on their shoulders
fading from my sight

Aah! sunshine came back
on her chariot of smile
with her chalice of happiness
Made those dew drops shine on the blades of my eyes...
Who's to be blamed....


.:Venkat:.

No comments: